Salem comes alive during October and bursts at the seams with ghouls, witches and scares. Check out some of the magical, fun and spooky things to do with your kids around Jefferson at Salem Station.
Make Halloween memorable for your child at family-friendly Halloween events around Salem, including:
- Learn Magic: Kids can watch fun magic tricks and learn about magic at the Wizardly Wonders! show at The Witches Cottage for just $8 per child. The Cottage also runs its live witchcraft and ghost show throughout the month, Eerie Evenings ghosts stories and free pictures with Hell Boy on the weekends. Every weekend in October, the Witches’ Education League will also host Ask a Witch – Make a Wand at the Pickering Wharf, where kids can make a magic wand for $1, benefiting local charities, and ask questions about witches.
- Play Games: From October 14-31, take your kids to rides and games at the Derby Street annual Haunted Happenings Carnival, with rides from Fiesta Shows. You can also find small rides, games and face painting on the Salem Common at Family Fun Days, October 22-23 and October 29-30.
- Trek Mazes: Head to Connors Farm in Danvers to pick pumpkins straight from the patch and to roam the Headless Horseman seven-acre corn maze for just $9.50 per person. Salem Common will also have a Pumpkin Festival and Hay Bale Maze for young kids from October 14-31.
- Trick or Treat: Take your kids trick or treating safely at family-friendly events, like Trick-or-Treat at Salem Pioneer Village on October 29-31 and Halloween Kids Day at Connors Farm on October 30.
- Watch Movies: Radio 92.9 will host free family-friendly Halloween movies at the Salem Common, including “Casper” on October 15, “Hocus Pocus” on October 22 and “Beetlejuice” on October 29 at 6:30 p.m. Bring your blankets!
Image courtesy of Flickr.